Rockland Elementary School is seeking a highly qualified teacher for the 2015-16 school year and beyond in a 4 day school week setting, M-Th. The candidate will provide quality instruction and maintain a classroom climate that ensures each child reaches their full potential. Position is part time.
Instructional Aide, Title I
Under the supervision of the site administrator and the direction of a certificated staff member, performs the necessary duties to assist in the planning and implementation of a program for the regular and special needs of children in the classroom.
· Paraprofessional certification or ability to complete certification by the beginning of the school year
Associate degree or Bachelors degree in a related field will also be considered
· Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics.
· Ability to work well with children
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Background to include activities that involve students and an interest in working with school-age children.
· Experience working in an instructional environment.
· Experience or education in the areas of child development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION
1. Provide direct instruction of students under direct supervision of teacher.
2. Conduct instructional activities assigned by the teacher; work with individuals students or small groups for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching their academic goals and grade-level standards.
3. Implement, under the supervision of assigned teacher, instructional programs and lesson plans for the purpose of assisting the teacher in improving students’ academic success through a defined course of study.
4. Assist in classroom management.
5. Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials.
6. Assist with the administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
7. Help maintain neat and orderly classroom.
8. Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
9. Assist teacher with administrative records and preparation of required reports.
10. Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
11. Function as an appropriate role model for children, providing proper examples, emotional support, and a friendly attitude and general guidance.
12. Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality.
13. Adhere to the appropriate code of ethics and student confidentiality.
14. Respond to emergency situations (e.g. student injuries, fights, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
1. Help supervise students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground duty.
2. Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual students.
Volleyball Coaching Postions
Rockland High School is hiring both Girls Varsity and JV Volleyball coaches for the 2015-2016 school year.
Responsibilities include facilitating daily practices as well as leading the Girls Volleyball team program.
We have a wonderful facility and a friendly work environment. Please fill out a job application posted on this page.
Contact Chester Bradshaw at 208-548-2231 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rockland School District 382 is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.